Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2005 ls430. ml sound. tape died, cd died, thought i'd

Customer Question

2005 ls430. ml sound. tape died, cd died, thought i'd replace radio. i screwed it up and now the nav / air wont' work. is there a way to wire so that the system stops complaining that the "external system not connected"
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: there is no radio at the present time. the original ml radio, when disconnected (2 harness's) takes out the nav and air
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: bought a manual to see if i could figure out the wiring and try to "hack" a bypass
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: at this point the harness that contained the wires (2 harness's) R2 R3 are now just bare wire.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately I do not see or know of a bypass on this myself here.Usually the correct radio needs installed and sometimes programmed to allow all of these components to operate properly in your vehicle.I wish I had better news on this here for you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete