Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I have a 2008 Lexus LS 460. I recently had an oil change and

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Lexus LS 460. I recently had an oil change and replaced my cabin air filter. Now, whenever I start the car the AUTO light comes up on the climate control but no air blows. No buttons work for about 15 seconds before the AUTO light turns off and then I can turn the AC on. It takes about 15 seconds every time I lock the car and start is back up. It also forgets my previous settings and blows at 75 degrees each time.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** I'd like to try and help you. did every thing work properly before the cabin filter replacement? if so then perhaps the cabin filter has been installed incorrectly. there is a air door that goes over it and it may not been installed to allow this door to fully close. when you remove the cover and can't see it then you can operate the door with the auto rec button to open it perhaps that door was jammed open manually also when replaced if you don't see the door operate with that button then it may be jamed or damaged.good luck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How would I know if it's jammed? I see the "door" it's like a flap that covers the cabin air filter. Everything was working fine before it was replaced.

yes it's like a flap that covers the opening of the cabin filter you can activate it by turning on the key and operating the auto switch if it doesn't close and open then that's the problem it's either jamed or damaged

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is not helping me, this flap works but does not solve my original issue with the 15 second climate control delay start. Not sure why the flap would effect that issue...

it is the auto flap that has a motor and sensor to it if it was jammed could off set the switch operation makes sense it worked before the fiter replacement. this may be difficult to really figure out other then the obvious so I'll pass it on to another tech if your not happy with my assumption. good luck.