Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

Shifting into 5th and 6th and also check vsc check engine

Customer Question

hey
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: shifting into 5th and 6th and also check vsc check engine lights
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2007 is 250 awd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i disconnected battery ...worked fine.. car shifted perfect .. after a while lights came back on and car wouldnt shift in 5th or 6th
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: thats basically it
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a simple code reader to check for the malfunction code that would be set in the engine computer or can you get to a nearby auto parts store were in most states except California Virginia they do free code reads. With these code numbers that can better understand what's going on with your car.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its giving transmission codes.. but I had the transmission checked by a transmission expert and he said the transmission was fine . he even flushed it opened it up underneath and pumped new fluid ..

Do you have the code numbers?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The codes are P2757 and P0894

Standby

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
okay..I'm waiting

Okay the P2757 code indicates there's a problem with the SLT Solenoid for lockup. Somewhere along the line the computer commanded the lockup solenoid for the torque converter lockup plate to engage in it did not. This could be due to a bad solenoid, blockage in the valve body or problem with the lockup converter itself. The 894 code indicates that there was also a malfunction with the shift solenoid S-1 through S-4. This is what was causing it to not shift properly. By removing the battery and clearing the code that resets the memory until the problem occurs again it may shift normally up until that point based on what you're telling me it sounds like you have shift solenoids that are failing this is more of an electrical problem that is a clutch and mechanical gear problem inside the transmission.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its been 5 hours . . anything ?

I replied to you five minutes after your last reply did you not get that reply? Here's a copy and paste of what I sent you yesterday: