Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert

The 12v battery died in my wifes 2010 hs250h, and is now

Customer Question

The 12v battery died in my wifes 2010 hs250h , and is now showing a p0a94-127 code, also p0aa6-526 code. the dealership said the trans needed to be replaced. we have had no issue with the car until now. no symptoms or warning light until now. just says check hybrid system. would a bad 12v battery create any of these codes?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 months ago.

If you clear the codes do both come right back? Was the battery jumped backwards at any time?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hasn't been jumped yet and I haven't cleared codes yet.

Do you have the VIN available?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Standby while I look into this

At any time did you take the HV plug out of the battery or do you know if the dealer did? Do you have a code reader that checks HV or engine codes? How many miles are on the car?

Upon further investigation I found that the car was in for a recall for the fuel pump and fuel tank and harness. It's very possible something may have been left loose or they disturb something. 12 v battery won't cause the codes that you have the two codes that you have the first one indicates a problem with a DC to DC converter malfunction yet the other code is indicating that you have a high-voltage leak in the cables to the body ground. There are service records indicating other malfunction codes that make absolutely no sense for a simple 12 oh battery issue. They are pointing to hybrid transaxle problems and other things. My recommendation would be to take it back to the dealer and have them reinspect this to find out what they potentially did wrong if there was nothing going on with this prior to July 29 when the recall was done.