Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2006 GX 470 Had Sears put in new battery and alternator When

Customer Question

2006 GX 470
Had Sears put in new battery and alternator
When I left, as they were closing , the ride home was hell with the auto bouncing all over, the engine light on, the VSC lights on .
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: I do not .
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The comfort level switch .No, I want them to fix it but hate to think that they damaged something. Not the same vehicle
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Clock on dash isn't resetting
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like the mechanic to know that Sears opens at 10 am pst . Having the answer to my questions would be appreciated before I go there so that I may not get caught in a new " fix-it" scam
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have my answer and it is 10 am the next day .
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

They will have to plug in a scan tool to check codes to see if any need diagnosed and repaired or if any codes just need cleared out to correct low voltage history code issues as this sometimes needs done.I would also have them check for any blown fuses needing replaced.If this is all checked and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete