lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

I have a '02 lexus ls430 with 133k miles. I have owned since

Customer Question

Greetings - I have a '02 lexus ls430 with 133k miles. I have owned since it had 65k miles. When turning to the right I get a creaking noise in the left front of the car. Noise also presents itself when going slowly over a speed bump. Only seems present at 30 mph and under. I have had the struts replaced and had the car to 3 different independent mechanics who have lubricated suspension parts with silicone and noise goes away for a while and then reappears later. One mechanic claimed to have replaced the control arm bushings even though I am told the control arm has to be replaced. When it rains and the suspension is wet it seems to go away. Brakes are fine (relatively new), steering has been examined and a new steering shaft put in and the whole shaft assembly lubricated and greased (steering column seems better than new now). Talked to Lexus dealer and he said the control arm bushings wear out from the inside out and you can't tell by looking at them. Suggested that this is most likely the issue and might not be worth replacing as the whole control arm has to be replaced. At my wits end with this noise and no one seems to be able to solve it. I hate to start spending money on suspension parts one at a time until I finally solve the problem ... I have already sunk too much money into it trying to solve all to no avail.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 2 months ago.

i would agree with the mechanic and just replace the lower control arm cause what you are describing the sounds as is the control arm i would replace the whole thing and just the bushings