Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

The vehicle only shows the P1155 code. Does that mean that

Customer Question

The vehicle only shows the P1155 code. Does that mean that both sensors need to be replace.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: According to what i just read the P1155 code applies to the air fuel ratio sensor
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2002 rx300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I have a mechanic
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the svc light is on
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 4 months ago.

Is this the only code that is ever been set? Or are you getting a code for the other sensor also? If you clear this code is it the only one that ever comes back each time?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This the code that came up and it came back after it was cleared
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was the only code

Okay this P1155 code indicates the heater circuit within the air fuel ratio sensor for bank two has failed. The sensor is relatively easy to replace it is located right there in the exhaust manifold for bank two by the radiator. If you break the sensor Loose and it starts to freeze up do not force it get brake fluid and put it at the base of the sensor on the threads and allow it to set for about five minutes work the sensor back and forth and it will come right out. It is not necessary to replace the other air fuel ratio sensor. Please do not forget to rate The assistance that I have provided at three or higher and if you need additional assistance feel free to reply and I will get back to you.