Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

2008 is350 weird issues. My radio cuts but the engine

Customer Question

2008 is350 weird issues. My radio cuts but the engine running fine, other times the gauges shut off while driving, but the engine still running fine. Other times the engine will cut out forcing you to coast to the side of the road or you'll pull up to a stop sign and it will kill.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When the motor stalls all the warning lights in the car are on, check VSC stability control all all the lights. Then when you shut the car off and restart no lights, no codes
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Because the engine is stalling and the VSC and check engine light are coming on then the first thing that you need to do is to scan the computer system to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when these light come on. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2 codes
U0100 lost communication with ECM/PCM " a"
C0278 open circuit in ABS solenoid relay circuit
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

The code U0100 can mean many things and unfortunately this is not something thats going to be an easy fix and is going to require some hands on testing which I can not do for you from there. Im going to open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else may have something new to add.