Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

My navigation disc is stuck in my 2007 Lexus ES 350. It's

Customer Question

My navigation disc is stuck in my 2007 Lexus ES 350. It's giving the error program cannot read please consult to a dealer. I was trying to update my navigation. I'm trying to prevent spending 1300 on a new drive if this is not the problem.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 18, 500.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it to dealer it got stuck with them
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: They said it was not a disc in car when they out the new one in, I asked do they think it could have been one in there and the new one got stuck because of that.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The nav drive would usually not pull another disc in if one was already in it so I dont think this is the cause here.I have seen the nav drive fail though internally and cause the disc to stick in it like this here with the nav unit needing removed and sent off for repair to the dealers repair facility or another electronic repair facility that can work on this model here.

In some cases the nav can be reset to correct this by removing the fuse for it for up to 5 minutes then reinstall it and see if it operates then.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete