Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have Lexus LS 430 - 2004. The VSC light along w/ trac &

Customer Question

I have Lexus LS 430 - 2004. The VSC light along w/ trac & check engine came on. Any suggestion to resolve problem?
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: No!
JA: What year is your LS 430?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happen today. So, I'm doing some research .
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I just had a 150k tune up..
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. There are several reasons for the VSC/Trac lights to illuminate. Most commonly, the steering angle sensor has lost its calibration, or, to a lesser extent, a faulty wheel speed sensor can be the cause. A scan with the computer tester at any Toyota service department can read the fault code or codes and pinpoint the cause of this issue. You may need nothing more than a re calibration of the steering angle sensor. You would need a Toyota dealer service department to reset that for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you I will look into this tomorrow.

You are very welcome. If you need additional assistance, please reply back. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Based on the response: Here's what I feel I took a chance on response and after reviewing I see you made an easy $20.00. Without having to expound on the details of your response, your opinion was incorrect. Long story short it was an Lexus oxygen sensor that went bad and had to be replaced. But thanks for trying.

Glad you got it sorted out. Your are a bit incorrect; You have not been charged for anything.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks again.

You are very welcome. Have a great day.