Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I repaired a leak on the neighbor's 1997 lexus ls 400,

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: I repaired a leak on the neighbor's 1997 lexus ls 400, replaced the high side line. He came right back stating that at low speeds and going straight power steering is fine. BUT on turns the power steering requires high effort. I am looking for a direction on the Variable assist system.
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: Whining noises disappeared after I refilled the reservoir after I replaced the line. I just replaced the fluid, level is good.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the vacuum lines to the VAPS switch and replaced a collapsed line.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Just wondering why I have asset until I get into a turn.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

1. Sorry you have been waiting so long, I believe I can help if help is still wanted/needed.
  2. I will be online another 5 hours after this post.
  3. Yes you have been charged already.
  4. Yes I know it is almost midnight.
  5. No I am not online between breakfast and lunch.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.
  • No assist at high speed is more likely to be the pump then the variable assist but i have the diag steps if needed.

Thanks Chris