Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

When I turn on my GS 300 Model year 2003 within seconds the

Customer Question

When I turn on my GS 300 Model year 2003 within seconds the 4 light stay on the dash and a high pitch squeal goes off. The following dash lights stay lit: Brake, ABS, VSC and VSC-Off. They may go out after a few seconds or sometimes they stay on after start up....Sometimes if you turn off the ignition and then turn it back on the lights do not illuminat and the squeal is not present ....in any case once the lights are off they stay off and the car drives and brakes just fine
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases the ABS as well as the VSC lights come on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to get some idea as to what is causing the problem you are having you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved that should be setting while the problem is occurring. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you determine the cause.