Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.

93 sc400 started drove about 3 blocks cut the car off tried

Customer Question

93 sc400 started drove about 3 blocks cut the car off tried to start it again but all it would do is turn over but it won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Not that old had it on full charge it acts like it wants to start but then nothing
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 93 sc400
JA: What year is your SL400?
Customer: 1993 sc400
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried resetting computer
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yeah it was running fine until I cut it off and then nothing from that point on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors , proper fuel pressure and good compression. If you can go in and check each one of these things and determine which one you are lacking and post back with this, I will help you determine the cause. Let me know and we can work from there.