Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

My 2007 lexus ES350 blew the oil line. had it repaired and

Customer Question

My 2007 lexus ES350 blew the oil line. had it repaired and oil is holding just fine now. But, when the car is in gear, it sounds like the transmission has developed a 'whine' when in gear. Quite when in neutral. I know, doesn't make sense. What else may have been the result of the blown oil line and how do I check/fix it?
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: thanks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to fix it as I'm on the road away from home. I'm thinking needs transmission fulid but need to check level.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Yes you are probably low on fluid, this will cause a whine from the pump in the transmission.

To check the fluid level you need a scan tool. The transmission needs to be heated between 104*-114*F and you need a datalist on the scan tool to see this, it is very important that its in the this heat range or else it wont be correct.

There is a special procedure to add fluid to this transmission. I would take this to a shop to have the level checked.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan