lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

A/C blows cold air but sometimes it will not blow cold air.

Customer Question

A/C blows cold air but sometimes it will not blow cold air. It has happened 3 times in last 3 weeks.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: Yes, I added refrigerant. I dont seem to be leaking any fluids
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2010 es 350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I was hoping to handle myself. I have not done anything besides adding refrigerant
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No other issues
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

1-the first we need to do is get a set of a/c manifold gauges and hook up to low side port and one to high side port and with car running and a/c on , watch what is the low side reading and high side reading . is the low between 30 & 50 & the high side 150 to 225 and is steady and not climbing ?

2-Have the cabin air filter been checked ?

3- at the time of failure we need to see is the ac compressor cutting off , or inside the dash we have a problem with a blend door actuating and directing air the wrong way and the a/c system is full of Freon and there is no restriction .

4- there is a pressure switch needs checking if the compressor was actually cutting off when the failure happens and that switch is is intermittently doing it

Below is some links for your review

Please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician