Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

2006 GX 470 differential lock switch indicator light comes

Customer Question

2006 GX 470 differential lock switch indicator light comes on by itself and funny noises from under vehicle. have to stop, turn off ignition then start again, sometime several times before light goes off.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no trouble code or code reader. I guess I could go to Advance store - would the code still be there if light has gone off?
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Lexus Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not tried to fix myself. just wondering what is wrong and how serious. could a mechanic other than lexus dealer fix problem?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no. thought I would go to lube shop in the morning and get oil changed etc. to make sure all levels are ok.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code can still be there if you can have these checked this would help in most cases.

I have seen issues with the transfer case shift actuator fail and cause this issue here needing replaced.If this has not been checked/tested at all this needs done.I have seen this needing replaced before as well in some cases a faulty front differential actuator.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete