Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles

WE have a ES 330, 2005. Great car, only 60,000 grandmother

Customer Question

WE have a ES 330, 2005. Great car, only 60,000 grandmother miles. Window worked great and then all of a sudden both the driver window and driver side rear passenger window stopped working. Both are up. You cannot hear any sound when you depress the swtich to lower the window. Neither my husband or I recall disconnecting the battery but since so many people mentioned that we went ahead and disconnected and attempted to resent. Our Lexus dealer took one listen to the door and said it is the motor but we find it hard to believe that both the window moters, just on the drivers side, went out within moments of eachother.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: If the battery is leaking. we have not noticed this but can check.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried to reset the windows (or my husband said he did), I have held the switch down while slamming the door 4 times as the internet suggests
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

1- does the rear driver window cant be moved by the individual window switch in rear as well as the driver master switch ?

2- the window motors can be checked by taking door panel off and applying straight power to them . if they work , than i will suspect the master switch to be the issue or the wiring not the motors , it is a simple test to do, maybe 25 min to take panel off and get to the motor /window regulator .

3- now as far as both motors going out at same time , unfortunately yes it does happen ,especially if those window are used more than the others .

if your husband have the know how and messed with electrical components before now then he can do the testing , if you dont want to do it , you can simply take to shop and tell them to test that way , i m sure they do it all the time , if it turned out to be the master window switch driver side , then get one of ebay ,be the cheapest, you can even find them oem new on there, not necessarily used ones.

my advice will be a new one , since most fail and the new ones has upgraded parts .

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. Yes, both master and rear individual does not work. We will test the motor and see if that may be the cause.

you welcome

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)