Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Lexus Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Lexus Diagnostics

Vsc light is on, No dont know the code or how to reset

Customer Question

Vsc light is on
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: No dont know the code or how to reset computer
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 06 lexus is 250
JA: What year is your Lexus?
Customer: 06
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes pump the brakes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

The VSC light is the "Vehicle Stability Control". The VSC system helps prevent the vehicle from slipping sideways as a result of strong front or rear wheel skid during cornering. When the VSC warning light is set, it means there is a problem somewhere in the system, and the VSC is now unavailable. Unfortunately, there is no 1-answer, "it's this..." type of answer here. There are literally dozens of parts and sensors in the system. This can be anything from a faulty Wheel Speed Sensor (one at each wheel) to a faulty Acceleration Sensor to a problem with the VSC Control Module and anything in between. At this point, the Diagnostic Trouble Codes will need to be scanned from the on-board computer. These trouble codes will point to the part or sensor that has the problem and from there, the correct repair can be made. SOME local parts stores, like AutoZone will have the correct scan-tool to read those trouble codes. If you can find a location with the correct scan-tool, they will read the codes for Free (except in California). If you cannot find a store to scan the codes, then a shop will be needed. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.