sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

By pushing the break pedal in motion it start clicking like

Customer Question

By pushing the break pedal in motion it start clicking like abs is engaged other way the brakes are just fine. How to eliminate that problem
JA: Have you checked the fluids? Have the brakes been shaking or squeaking?
Customer: The fluids are ok, no shaking, no squeaking
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: rx 300, 2000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the front pads and clean the surfise of the rotors
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I painted the calipers red and maybe the sensors are painted particularly
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Where does the clicking noise seem to come from - brake pedal area or at the wheels?

Does the brake pedal kick back at low speed braking?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
at the brake pedal and it kick back almost unnoticeable at low speed just before stoping
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Ok, does yours have the optional adjustable brake pedal?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I never adjusted the brake pedal. Do you think it is going to help if I slightly adjust the pedal?
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

Check the free play in the brake pedal using the attached directions and let me know if it is within specs or not

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I increased the brake pedal travel distance to almost 16 cm and the free play to 2 mm. The brakes respond faster and more firmly but the clicking and the slight pulsating while clicking still exist
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still no answer!!!
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it sounds as if the ABS is engaging when pressing the pedal then it likely is. If a speed sensor is generating a weak signal then it can be far enough under the others or drop out completely at low speed and cause ABS to engage.

You seemed to start to mention painting the speed sensors. Did you paint the sensors?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I painted the brake calipers and I covered the abs rings and sensors but some paint went on the rings and maybe on the sensors, so probably I have to clean them by alkide or acetone cleaner?

Yes, any paint on the tone wheels and sensors is going to need to be removed before proceeding.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, it means I have to pull apart brake assembly to reach the rings and sensors :(

That will definitely be the first step. Also make sure there is no physical damage to the sensors or tone wheels.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, I think there is no physical damage but I have to check

Ok.