lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

If you can figure this one out, you are indeed master

Customer Question

If you can figure this one out, you are indeed master mechanics.
I own a 2002 Lexus RX 300 with 320,000 miles. The code of 325 indicated the knock sensors was detecting a knock. Briefly, I changed the spark plus, both knock sensors and knock sensor wiring. I have used octane booster and carbon removal gas treatments.
The code does not show if the engine is still cool or I do not accelerate past 40 mile per hour. As long as I do not go over 40 mph, regardless of the engine temperature, the code stays off. Once I go past 40 mph and the engine is warm, the code comes on. If the engine is cold and I drive over 60 mph, the code does not come on until the engine is warm. Did I miss anything?
Terry
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Tom replied 5 months ago.

Yes there are issues with the engine wire harness to the knock sensors has this been checked?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.