Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I 't use the nav but it won close can it be done manually,

Customer Question

I don't use the nav but it won close can it be done manually
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2002 430sc
JA: What year is your Sc?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I dont use it anymore I just want it closed
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no the system powers on.the tilt and close buttons don't wprk
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately this usually indicates the close mechanism has failed inside the head unit itself.I dont see or know of a procedure myself to close this manually unfortunately.This will have to be repaired by an electronics repair facility to correct this and they may be able to close it manually as well internally.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete