sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

The invited code is showing engine run riffs. Yes I put a

Customer Question

The invited code is showing engine run riffs.
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes I put a engine in this car,
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 98 es300
JA: What year is your E430?
Customer: Its a es(###) ###-####
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Plugs ,coils wires
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: What's got it running rough.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm waiting on a answer
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I have seen issues with the fuel injectors not atomizing correctly causing this here needing cleaned or replaced as well as low cylinder compression due to worn valves or piston ring failure.

If you have not done a cylinder compression test with a compression test gauge this needs done.if found low compression then a cylinder leak down test needs done on the low compression cylinder to locate if this is a valve or piston/cylinder issue then the engine repaired from there.

If the compression is o.k. and even on all cylinders then I would have the fuel injectors tested to see if one or more need cleaned or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The engine is running rough with the igniter code showing when I scanned it.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Can you give me the code number that set?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Your service is not helping don't call this is a rip off.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?