Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 97 es300 and I accidentally locked the key in the

Customer Question

I have a 97 es300 and I accidentally locked the key in the trunk. The trunk release button by the gas cap release isn't working, I don't have the alarm clicker thingy, and while trying to get the trunk open my mother-in-law stuck a screw driver into the trunk keyhole and it's broken now... we got the locksmith to make us a key so I can get in the car and start it, but I have some important things in the trunk and I really need to get them. I tried to fish out my things with a hook through the small opening in the back seat but my spare tire is in the way... how can I get the trunk open? Is there an emergency latch inside the trunk that I can pull or something? None of the buttons to open the trunk are working, the valet button doesn't release the trunk, and the button by the gas cap button isn't working. I have tried replacing the fuses and that doesn't seem to work. The trunk release button stopped working one night when my ex boyfriend ripped the passenger side sun visor off, two cables got ripped out of it because it had a light when you opened the mirror, anyway... he ripped it off and the trunk release button won't work and the lights inside the car won't work. Either way, I need to open the trunk ASAP, please help me! ): Would I need to go to the dealership? I don't have money for this. How can I get the trunk open?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You will most likely need a lock smith to come out and drill out the cylinder and actuate the latch to release the trunk.Then from there the cylinder replaced to correct this issue.Unfortunately this is the only way I see possible myself on this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete