Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2002 Lexus sc430 when I put down the top and drive

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Lexus sc430 when I put down the top and drive an alarm
continues to ding until I pull over and stop. it doesnt ding when i/m pulled
to a stop or I simply put the roof up. any Ideas tanks Mike
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This alarm is usually caused by a fault with one of the roof micro switches that sends a signal to let the computer know what position the roof is in.When one of the switches fail for the roof system this alarm will go off any time the vehicle is moving as it thinks the roof is in a position it shouldnt be when driven.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue.You will want a scan tool that can communicate with all computers to be able to read the sensor data signals to locate the faulty sensor needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete