lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I put in 3 new relays which were all the same in and

Customer Question

I put in 3 new relays which were all the same in and replaced the theft deterant box which is the black box with the 2 orange plugs right behind the steering column, still nothing, I'm thinking I may have not replaced the correct main relay or I have a bigger problem on my hand
Category: Lexus
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 5 months ago.

whats it doing or not doing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I thought I was continuing with the same mechanic, it won't go into gear unless I push the safety theft button right above the gear shift, the power steering seems kinda tight, abs light came on and power windows and moon roof will not go up or down, last mechanic told me to replace the main relay on the fuse box by left kick panel and I replaced 3 main relays because he didn't show me a pic of what relay he was talkin about
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and I will post back with your reply ASAP

ok I will look for the diagram and pictures to see which relay is the main relay and send it to you

just give a little time to look up for you

Thanks

Chad(aka Jhook1398)

does the cover has an label on it , IT WILL SAY (EFI RELAY )

The fuse with EFI relay you want and also called main /ecm relay

located on the left side of the engine compartment

I have sent a picture of location , checked that and let me know

Thank You

Chad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't understand what you mean by left side of engine compartment, inside the car or under the hood, I don't see the fuse box that looks similar to what you showed me

under the hood next to battery, will have a plastic cover on it

there should only be one in the engine compartment

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is what my car looks like, what is that picture you sent me? It is not a Lexus SC400

Vehicle » Starting and Charging » Power and Ground Distribution » Fuse Block » Locations » Fuse and Fusible Links

Advanced

1995 Lexus SC 400 V8-4.0L (1UZ-FE)

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

There are two fuse panel locations. The first location is at the left front of the engine compartment. The second location is under the left side of the instrument panel. The flasher is located under the left side of the instrument panel.

this off my online data account , is this the correct vehicle in the heading you see

I will opt out and let another expert help you, sorry that is what i have on 1995 lexus sc 400

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sir, that is the correct vehicle. So what you are saying is that the relay I need to replace is not the one in the picture I sent you?
Expert:  StLouisWayne replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am going to attempt to help you here?

Right now youre stuck on which relay is the main relay, correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

The Ignition main relay is on page 6 of the attached document. Is that what youre looking for?