Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 1992 LEXUS ES300 I have the instrument cluster out

Customer Question

I have a 1992 LEXUS ES300I have the instrument cluster out of the car.Part number:83010-33020If you have access to a pin by pin diagram of the cluster along with their corresponding wire clusters please provide copy.Highly rated answers should provide instruction on which wires (colors and pin number) need power and ground so that I may illuminate all the bulbs and verify the mileage on the odometer.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

Give me a bit to put these diagrams together for the instrument cluster circuit.

Thanks

Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

The link below is the instrument cluster diagram.

Instrument Panel Circuit Board Wiring

The powers are:
R-Y pin 5 C9 Connector
R-G pin 4 C9 Connector
R-L pin 2 C9 Connector
The grounds are:
WB pin 23 C9 connector
These should illuminate the instrument panel lamps from the first part of the diagrams on page 2 for the combination meter. The rest of the combination meters powers and ground are.
Powers:
R-L pin 1 B Connector
B-W pin 12 B Connector
B-O pin 13 A Connector
R-Y/R-G pin 1 C Connector
W-R pin 18 A Connector
The grounds are:
WB pin 23 C9 connector

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, just following up to see if the cluster lit up and showed the mileage and the odometer.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no. I am sorry this did not work and I will ask have to ask the question again.I appreciate your assistance with the other one and, accordingly, I rated you highly.I figured it would be better to let this close out and to ask the question again. rather than to give you a less thank "good" rating and mess up your avg.I think the wiring diagram we were using was WAY off.and same thing with the corolla.thanks for attempting them.
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Would you like me to try on this one?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please.do I need to reask it.

No this post is still open.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/92light.pdf

C6 ground

B4 and B5 illumination

A13 A14 B3 power

If your confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If your not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you are pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no improvement moose; i will mess around with this some and get back to you.
also will try one or two more clusters to make sure.
diagram looks good though.

This one is a tough one, poor diagrams. I can opt out on this one if needed.