Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I can't get the top down. It's a 2002 Sc430, Pushing the

Customer Question

I can't get the top down. It's a 2002 Sc430
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pushing the open button.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I thought that there was something else to do also but I forgot what it was.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check above the sun visors and see if there are any manual latches to release as well as check in the trunk area to see if there is a partition to pull forward or push to allow the convertible top to operate.If this was already checked with no success to the issue here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete