Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

2004 Lexus es330 and i have a broken cup holder under the

Customer Question

2004 Lexus es330 and i have a broken cup holder under the center arm rest. my question is 2 fold: how hard is it to replace it myself and can you give me a direct link of the part that i need? thank you
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** are easy to replace, takes about 20 minutes, do you have the new cupholder yet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

no, like i said i need a link for the part to buy as well as find out how to install them.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

ok, below is the instruction on replacing it, give me a minute find the part,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

ok,
1. Remove the trim from around the gear shift ****. I used my fingers to pry up the rear section first, then pull up and to the rear of the car. Helps to have the trans in neutral. It has wires so don't drag it too far away.
2. You will see 2 phillips screws that join the front and rear sections of console. Remove those 2.
3. At the rear, remove the upper plastic piece with the air vents. With your fingers, pull straight back.
4. At the rear, remove the lower trim piece, pull straight back.
5. With the lower trim piece off, you will see 2 bolts attached to the floor, a few inches in (under thestorage box). I used a swivel, socket, and extension. They are kinda hard to get to when putting back in.
6. The whole console assembly should lift straight up. But first, there are 2 places on the sides where the carpet hooks over 2 plastic tabs on the air ducts. They are about mid-way betwen front and back of the console. Find them with your finger tips and just slip them off. There is wiring attached so take care.
7. I had to replace the cupholder which was pretty easy, it's just 4 screws.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

what color is your cup holder

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

tan leather, black cup holder

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

does yours look like one in this ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

i don't think so. Here is the picture

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

ok, that one runs about 150 dollars, yu can get them on Ebay, go to ebay, and serach "2004 LEXUS ES330 CUP HOLDERS AND YOU WILL FIND THEM,TIM

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

ok but the instructions you gave me are for the other design right?

So are the install instructions the samE?

I have not heard from you in a while. I would like an answer today please

HELLO? I posted this 6 days ago....