Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

Re-94 lexus es 300 on startup check engine light comes on

Customer Question

re-94 lexus es 300 on startup check engine light comes on and engine will not accelerate above 1000 rpm and stalls. after several restarts ck eng may go off and eng will accelerate. don't know where to start looking for reason. have changed throttle position sensor and egr valve. can u suggest anything? thx
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the system will set an store a fault code and or codes. In order to know what is failing you are going to need to scan the system and retrieve the fault code and or codes that should be setting. If you can get this done and post back with them I will see if I can help you determine what is causing this issue.