spoooolin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master ASE L1 Multiple years of Dealership experience with two manufactures

My car won't crank. New battery installed today. : No .

Customer Question

My car won't crank. New battery installed today.
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: No . brand new today.
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2007 ES
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Attempted to jump start with another vehicle. Lights came on and windows worked. Car wouldn't crank. Removed battery and took it to be tested. Needed new one. Installed and still won't start.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Is there something else I should do?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  spoooolin replied 4 months ago.

sorry you are having issues with your Lexus.

I may ask a few quetions that seem silly, but they all serve a purpose since I have seen a lot over the years being a toyota and lexus master tech.

Can you open and shut the driver door three times for me. then lock the car with the key fob, unlock the car with the fob, then try to start it and let me know if that works.

If it still does not start, get out of the car and lock the car. Now unlock the doors with the fob, keeping your foot off the brake pedal, push the start button twice, once that happens, put your foot on the brake pedal and tell me what color the LED light is. Green, red, or amber.

Let me know and that can provide us a direction to go.