Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

Trying to jump the car. I 't see a a block to hook the

Customer Question

trying to jump the car. I don't see a a block to hook the negative to. Where do I attach?
JA: What is the model/year of your Lexus?
Customer: 2014 is250c
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just hoping to start it so I can get it to the dealership. lights turn on and there is a clicking sound but no start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: let me check. I had the battery checked about 3 weeks ago and it tested fine. I went on vacation for 5 days, returned and it would not start. Is there a way to test if it's fully charged?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: headlights do not appear to be going on but the dash light is on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Where are you attaching your red jumper lead to on the car/ Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we are attaching the positive on the dead battery to the positive on good battery and negative on good battery but unsure where to ground the negative on the dead battery

You remove the cover over top of the dead battery and attach the black cable clamp to the negative battery post on the battery opposite the positive battery post.