lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

I am looking at a 2006 lexus RX400h is it really worth the

Customer Question

I am looking at a 2006 lexus RX400h is it really worth the extra expense over a simular RX350? Is the gas milage that much better, and dose it cost more to repair?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.

The short answer is no. Here is the fuel economy of the 2006 Lexus RX400H and here is the fuel economy of the 2007 RX350 (the 350 wasn't made till 2007, before that it was 2006 RX300) Beside the small extra fuel economy the repair bill are higher especially when the main Hybrid battery starts to show problems. Just like any car battery, these Hybrid ones eventually go bad also except they are quite expensive to replace and your repair options of where to get the car fixed are much more limited. Either the Dealer or if you know of a specialty repair shop for Hybrid cars.

Also, I was just checking on Kelly Blue Book of the Resale value of each vehicle and the RX400H Hybrid consistently came in worth less than the RX350. I think they take into effect the cost of repairs when they value these Hybrids.

Does this make sense?

Where you able to see my last reply?