Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.
29534642

RUNS ROUGH AFTER 20 MINUTES OF RUNNING TIME AS IF IT WANTS

Customer Question

RUNS ROUGH AFTER 20 MINUTES OF RUNNING TIME AS IF IT WANTS TO SHUTDOWN, CODE P1133 AIR / FUEL BANK 1 SENSOR 1 COMES UP ON MY SCANNER, TRYING TO LOCATE IT
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: MAC CODE READER 99 LEXUS ES300 3.0 ENGINE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES, THE DEALER REPLACED THE CAM VARIABLE VALVE TIMING SENSORS AND IT WORKED ONLY FOR ONE WEEK AND I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THEM THEIR LABOR PRICE
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: JUST SCANNED IT AND ITS ASKING TO REPLACE THE BANK 1 SENSOR 1 AIR FUEL RATIO
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: IS THE AIR FUEL SENSOR THE SAME THING AS THE 02 SENSOR
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Edward replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Bank 1 sensor 1, is the oxygen sensor, (or Air/Fuel ratio sensor as Toyota or Lexus calls it) that is in the back of the engine, closest to the cylinder head. It is BEFORE the catalytic converter, but on the rear of the engine, as the number 1 cylinder is the cylinder closest to the passenger inner fender but on the BACK of the engine. Refer to this diagram. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Edward replied 6 months ago.

Check Rockauto.com for the best prices on that sensor.