sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Po422 vsc cel pn : Wont pass deq evap not ready po422 vsc

Customer Question

Po422 vsc cel pn
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Wont pass deq evap not ready po422 vsc and CRL on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: 107000 miles 2002 RX 300
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0422 doesn't show to be a valid code for this vehicle. It may have just been a typo or the code may have been reported incorrectly by whatever you read it with. I'm wondering if the code was actually P0442, which is an evaporative emissions leak.

Can you double check to see what code was actually set?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
po442 evap leak

The evaporative emissions system is what captures fuel vapors from the tank and draws them into the engine instead of going into the atmosphere. This code sets when there is a leak in the system. The problem could be as simple as a bad or loose fuel cap, it may be a damaged system line, the vapor canister, a leaking purge solenoid or vent valve. The fuel cap or a damaged line are most common.