Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

How do I reset the kill switch on my 2001 Lexus IS300? : are

Customer Question

Hi how do I reset the kill switch on my 2001 Lexus IS300?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Hi, are you still there?
JA: No. I'm the Lexus Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: Can anyone help me ?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The car is the garage
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Your 2001 dose not have a kill switch, what type of problem are you having?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dropped off the car to get the hood painted. The guy called and said that the car would not turn on
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Has he checked to make sure the battery is fully charged and the connections are clean and tight?

When you say it will not turn on are you saying it will not crank over or dose it crank and not start?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It cranks but does not start
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
U use the service key to drive the car. And the regular key to open and lock the car
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

In order for the car to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. Can you have him check each one of these and see which one your lacking?

Id the theft light on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The security light is on
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Have him try removing both battery cable and touch them together for a few second and see if that will reset the system. Once he has done that , have him lock the doors and use either the key or the remote to unlock the drivers door and see if the system resets as it should.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you. I am going to have triple A being it on front of the house. And do it. If it does not work I may call you in a about an hour
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Okay, good luck. Hopefully all works out.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.