Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.

OMG are you a real person : I'm about to die here : My Vsc

Customer Question

OMG are you a real person
JA: I'm an assistant to the Lexus Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: I'm about to die here
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My Vsc off and vsc light is on in my car and also my car is acting like it is about to shut off it shakes really bad when I come to a stop
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: p0763 p0446 p1349 p0300 p0301 p0305 p0307
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Lexus Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: get someone to fix it for me or I will sale it this is stressful
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: I know I need some brake rotors and brake pads I was told that was the reason for the vsc off and vsc light on I'm not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought this does not take long, How much longer
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you with these codes we are going to need to know the year, make of your Lexus . If you can post back when you can with complete information, I will help you determine the cause of the fault codes you are getting.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi thank you so much its a '98 Gs 400 Lexus V8
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

The code P1349 indicates a problem with the Bank 1 Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid which can cause the misfire codes P0300, P0301 , P0307 and P0307 to set as well. The first thing you should check for sludge build up in the Variable Valve Timing oil control solenoid valve which could cause it to stick.

The code P0763 indicates a problem with the Transmission Shift Solenoid(s) which would affect shifting bu not engine performance.

The fault code P0446 indicates you have a problem with the EVAP Vent Control Solenoid Circuit .