Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working as an ASE certified tech.
7276279

I have a 2007 lexus gs350. Everytime it rains out my

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 lexus gs350. Everytime it rains out my speakers don't produce any sound. The electornic display works fine. I can switch modes and stations on the radio but no sound. After a few hours of driving, the sound comes back on. I understand that water is producing the short in the electrical system but am having trouble figuring out where the water might be. Please help.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the fuses, checked the amplifier, checked for water under the back seat, checked under the the side door panels
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: Not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Tracing this down is going to require checking each component for signs of moisture while the problem m is occurring. I would start with checking the amp located in the trunk. See the link below for the location of all the components . Check them one by one and see if you can determine what is getting wet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Radio%20Jun%201.pdf