sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Car battery is dead on my Lexus 250H : sat all winter no one

Customer Question

car battery is dead on my Lexus 250H
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sat all winter no one drove it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: and I can
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: not open the hood to charge the battery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a handful of things that could prevent you from being able to open the hood depending on what it's actually doing. It could be the latch itself, the cable may be disconnected, the handle broken where the cable connects to it, if there is a hood or striker adjustment issue or something foreign closed in the hood it can prevent it from opening easily but these probably aren't the case.

What happens when you try to open the hood?