Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

My 96 es300 Lexus ran hot wat can it be it have water in it

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It just ran hot
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm going to put a thermostat on it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: It need a power steering on it also
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So to answer your question there are several things that can cause it to run hot but I will list most of them for you.
If it ran hot idling or in stop and go traffic:
1) cooling fans not coming on
2) partially clogged radiator
3) thermostat not opening up fully
4) water pump turbine issuesIf ran hot cruising down the road:
1) thermostat
2) water pump turbine issues
3) partially clogged radiator
4) clogged cooling fins on the radiatorI listed them in most probable cause to least probable.Let me know if this helps.Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 10 months ago.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny

do you still need help with this problem?