mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

May I dolly tow my Lexus 360ls behind my motor home? Only

Customer Question

may I dolly tow my Lexus 360ls behind my motor home? Only two wheels down.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Can I tow my Lexus LS behind my motor home?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a dolly trailer and have my car loaded onto it. I need to know if I can tow it.
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.First may I begin by asking what year is your Lexus? And are you sure it is a 360? I'm unfamiliar with this model.Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.

since i dont know the year of your LS my answer will be this. if the vehicle is all wheel drive then you can not dolly tow the vehicle. since it is a rear wheel drive vehicle it is recommended that if you do dolly the vehicle that is be dollied backwards. this however causes issues since you need to be able to lock the steering securely. but also the front end hangs over the front axle line further than the rear so it tends to hit if towed backwards.

in short i would not advise you to dolly this vehicle but to get a light trailer that you can get all four wheels off the ground.