Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

JT8BD69S410150407-2001 Lexus gs300 Does this Lexus carry

Customer Question

JT8BD69S410150407-2001 Lexus gs300Does this Lexus carry ride height sensors? Or would a rear strut bumper cause the car to sit low on the drivers side
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so you will want to rate me with EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Does your vehicle have the air ride suspension?

Is the drivers front or rear low?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mainly the rear. No air ride suspension

Thanks, ***** ***** not be ride height sensors on a vehicle without air ride. For yours riding low in the rear. This is going to be weak coil springs or broken coil springs. The coil springs are part of the struts.

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. You have already paid all the fees, now its time to rate the answer. Rating pays me from your deposit. I am only paid through not by the website if you rate me. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I changed the spring and strut already and there was no change. It looks like no one I asked before can figure it out.

Are you sure the ride height is incorrect?

Are you sure there are no bent or damaged suspension components?

Has the vehicle been wrecked?

The springs are the only thing that control the ride height.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the vehicle had been hit before. Nothing seems to be bent out of shape. The car is like it's leaning, you can see it to when you're in the drivers seat. I am thinking to change all struts again and include the bump stops on the struts if they're none.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just changed the 2 front struts to see if one side would rise or they would level out and the car still has play in it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Play in the struts

The bump stops do not support ride height, they are only needed when the suspension is fully compressed like hitting a speed bump TO FAST.

I recommend measuring ride height prior to more repairs. See those steps below.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay, I guess that's it?

Is there anything else you need from me or are you pleased with my help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you think I should change the rear lower arms as well? Would that help cause that?

I would not change anything else till you measure the ride height. You mentioned you notice it from the drivers seat. It may be correct outside the car and just seem off. The lower arms would only be to blame if they are bent, out of position or if the alignment is way out of whack from an impact.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No you can see it outside as well, one side is higher than the next. I just meant that you can see it from sitting in the drivers seat as well..Well I got the car aligned

Time to measure and address only the corners that are out of specs. Just so you know for example a spring with to much tension on the RF can make the LR appear to be squatting. So the issue may not be raising the car, it may be lowering it on an opposite side or corner.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how do you lower the car if it needs to
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How will it get to much tension on it

You can purchase different height and rate springs to put on the struts.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Different height and weight springs from Lexus?

Lexus will only have and sale the OEM springs. Aftermarket springs can be different.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
But then the low side might come up and the other which is high what could happen.

There is no way to know what the results are going to be until we can get it measured to see where the issue is. Have you measured it yet?