spoooolin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master ASE L1 Multiple years of Dealership experience with two manufactures

Pearl, I have error codes on my 2002 lexus rx 300, 1 sensor

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have error codes on my 2002 lexus rx 300, for bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1. Are these sensors the A/F sensor and Oxygen sensor? And, which is which?
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Okay, my car just failed the state emissions test and they told me these two sensors are bad
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, because I cannot afford what the car repair shops are quoting me to replace these two sensors. They're telling me each is about 400 to 600 each to replace
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: What do u mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Oh, which is the oxygen sensor? Bank 1 sensor 1 or bank 2 sensor 1?
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: Nope, that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  spoooolin replied 5 months ago.
Sorry to hear the Lexus is having issues with the Air fuel ratio sensors. This is not uncommon for these two to fail on your particular car. I will say the car is pretty picky about the sensor that you got back in with, so later on down this post I will list some parts numbers for you. First, The particular name which they are called, in this case on your car is the oxygen sensor. There are two types of sensors, ones before the catalytic converter and ones after it. This is the sensor I would recommend you use is a Denso in this link: is the company who makes the sensor for lexus for your car. So you know its going to be a good part and not have any issues with it down the road. If you have two bad sensors, replacing them you will see notice difference in gas mileage and engine performance. I really hope my reply helped! Please do not forget to rate my service today since that is the only way I get credit for my time and answer. Even after you rate me This post will remain open so you can come back and ask questions which if you have any, please, ask away! Thank you!!