lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

I have a generated code of U0105 and no power steering

Customer Question

I have a generated code of U0105 and no power steering communication no injection..I checked all fuses all good
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The Is250 will not crank when pushing start button and has code U105 dash lights up and has battery voltage 12.5v... checked fuses and grounds no success
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm a tech myself working on customers vehicle trying to get some idea
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: That's about it .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I looked into identifix online and says to look at the fuel pressure sensor but scanner at times can't communicate with ecm's weird
Expert:  spoooolin replied 5 months ago.
What year IS250 are we working with?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's 08
What was the original complaint of the customer? Was there any work done prior to this no start condition?
When you get in the car, push the start button twice, then put your foot on the brake, what color is the LED on the start button? Green, red or amber?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was towed into shop and far as I know from my boss it won't crank and has U105 and power steering motor no communication
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I get into car it's and put my foot on brake turns green
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I push the button twice
I have seen the power steering ECU's go bad and draw down the ECM before. The power steering ECU is under the battery on this car. Disconnect the connectors and try to start the car. Let me know what happens. If the LED is green, thats a good sign. that means we can skip a bunch of steps.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've gotten into car and put my foot on brake and one push on bottom is amber but I push twice turns green and gages turn and dash lights up
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No start after doing this
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Any suggestions
with the scan tool, can you look at live data and see if it sees the actual push button being depressed? These things are known to crap out Need to rule that out, before tackling the ECU
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Let me know what it shows. Thanks