lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

1993 Lexus es300 car trans will not shift have to shift

Customer Question

1993 Lexus es300 car trans will not shift have to shift manual overdrive light flashes on and off.
JA: Does the light flash or stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: Lite flashes and don't have codes
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Car ran fine until mechanic changed idle air control valve now this.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can I will if not the mechanic shop
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: None the car ran like a watch until IAC valve replacement,mechanic stated first that it was the throttle position sensor and later said it was the transmission
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This car has a self-diagnostic system. Is the car available?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please locate the round diagnostic connector under the left side of the dash. If it has a cover, open it and locate the terminals E1 and Te1 as indicated on the lid's label. Then we will proceed. If the under the dash does not have a label, look under the hood for a small rectangular diagnostic box with a plastic lid. Locate E1 and Te1. Then let me know when you are ready to move forward.