Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Lexus and Toyota expert
Experience:  30 + years of experience; Multiple Award Winning Svc Mgr; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I need to buy a used HVAC controller 2000 lexus es300 JA:

Customer Question

Hi I need to buy a used HVAC controller for my 2000 lexus es300
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: just went thru everything put in new compressor etc finally found out it was the controller --will not spend 1000 on a new one
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: have a cousin who is the mechanic
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Good used HVAC controllers can always be found on eBay. At this moment, there are quite a few of them listed. Your second choice would be an automobile recycler that sells parts form wrecked cars. How was the controller found to be faulty? these are not high failure items.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yep it was the problem
Sometimes, a little investigation on the circuit board could save you some money. I have had a few where the wires that connect the controls to the circuit board come loose (broken solder joints). You might want to have your cousin remove it and disassemble it, looking for broken solder connections. I have repaired probably 5 or 6 over the years and saved my customers a ton or money.