lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus

The blower ac and heat is blowing intermittently. No ac,

Customer Question

The blower for the ac and heat is blowing intermittently. No ac, just heat. The auto function doesn't work at all and hasn't for a year or 2 so we just use it manually. Any thoughts?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaking lately?
Customer: No leaking 210,000
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1995 Lexus LS 400.
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: IDK.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, if it's the ECM.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Thinking about going to the Lexus dealer and let them diagnose it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
HI , my name is ***** ***** to hear about your car problem.There is blower motor resistor located under passenger side glove compartment . I sent you a picture of the blower resistor , you need to loosen the 2 screws and pull it out, usually you will see evidence of burned spots, and while you are down there before take it off, tap on the blower motor casing by hand and see if it will make it come on. if the resistor is ok than that leaves the motor , considering the miles of vehicle and the blower and resistor are original , that will be the first place I check.sometimes you can take out the blower motor itself and blow it with shop air , it will collect a lot of dust over the years and cleang it does help it sometimes. let me know if that helps you