lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech
Experience:  Master Certified with lexus, 8 years experience with Lexus
9414525

Lexus es 350: 2007 es 350. Cold ac on passenger side & warm

Customer Question

2007 es 350. Cold ac on passenger side & warm air on driver side. Blend door actuator suspect. How to access actuator for replacement?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your ES350.It is not uncommon to mistake this concern as a possible bad actuator and it still may be that but let me ask if you have checked freon levels yet?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no. ice cold on passenger side.
Ice cold on one side only can be because of a low freon charge. Are you are repair shop or Owner?In case the actuator is bad, you will have to pull the whole dash out.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no. ice cold on passenger side.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not buying it.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 months ago.
Freeon levels is your first step .I had several es 350 and they all had the same issue when cold on one on passenger side .If you have access to a scan tool you can actualy check the functionalty of the actuator by using the scanner to command them on or off.But if u don't have a scanner that can do that check your levels then go from there