Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2006 RX330 cruise control will only work part of the time.

Customer Question

2006 RX330 cruise control will only work part of the time. Once its on it works great. Could it be the relay
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Most of the time when I press the control it comes on but more and more often its not kicking in. When it does come on works great
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: A family member will be able to hopefully
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lexus Mechanic should know about your Lexus?
Customer: For the most part its in excellent condition
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. I would check the brake light signals when this is not working to see if you have brake lights at all.I have seen issues with a faulty brake switch cause this issue here needing replaced in some cases.If this is o.k. or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete