Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

I have a 2011 RX 350 AWD. 1 tire is non repairaable after metal

Customer Question

I have a 2011 RX 350 AWD. 1 tire is non repairaable after metal entered outer radius. I have 36,000 miles on Michelin Latitude tires. Tread depth is 7/32". Do I need to replace 2 or 4 tires?
I cannot believe the range of responses. Tire dealer and Lexus delaer even differ.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your RX350.The other tire opposite of this one that is non repairable, what is its tread depth? Also 7/32"?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where is the response?
Ok then, replacing just the one tire will not harm your vehicle in any way. Most repair shops and technicians do suggest replacing tires in pairs, it's just best practice but it doesn't have to be done and as I said no harm will be done to your Lexus if you go with just one tire. I apologize for the delayed response. Does this make sense? I am here to help as much as you need.