Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I tried jumping my Lexus SC 430 and I put the cables on the

Customer Question

I tried jumping my Lexus SC 430 and I put the cables on the wrong color receptors, and even though I continued to jump the car and "it sounded better" it still did not start. So I've been told that I probably burnt one of the fuses, and indeed when I checked them the 120A (besides the car battery) looks "burnt" so I'm looking to take it out to replace.... Lexus dealer is very far from me, rather do it myself. Need to know where to buy a new one and HOW to take the one that I have in there OUT! thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Lexus. The Lexus Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.... I'm pretty handy with things like this...
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ok... I uncovered the 2" by about 8" plastic on the fuse box that is besides the battery...and when I checked them, it's pretty obvious that the 120A is "broken".... I tried lightly to take it out but it would not budge so I came to the computer.
JA: Is there anything else the Lexus Mechanic should be aware of about your Lexus?
Customer: Nope.... I think the car went dead on me because I left the keys in after pulling down my windows and forgot them on "on" for awhile (w/ engine not running).... the battery had been checked about a week ago, and "connectors" had been replaced, so battery should be good.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lexus Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases you can obtain this fuse from a dealer or local parts store.The best place is usually a dealer but a local parts store may have it as well.I dont know the model year you are working on here to see for sure how it is removed but usually it is bolted in with two bolts or nuts needing removed to then remove and replace it.Make sure the battery is disconnected when this is done.If you can provide the year of your vehicle here this will help just let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete